Title: Social Media/Marketing Officer (Training and Practicum Opportunity)
Reports to: CEOs
BCPH seeks a Social Media/Marketing Officer (Incumbent) for a unique practicum and training opportunity. Incumbent will be charged with strategizing, developing, designing, implementing, disseminating, and evaluating BCPH’s social media marketing activities (content strategy and communications), ensuring that they advance and support the agency’s three levers/arms: education, knowledge and translation, and policy. The incumbent will conceptualize and produce content that compellingly communicates the story of the organization and its programs in a manner that resonates with a variety of audiences, across multimedia platforms.
Activities will include implementation of standardized branding (imagery), boilerplate copy, etc., and a communications strategy and calendar that aligns with major cultural and disease observances (e.g. National HIV Testing Day, World AIDS Day) and programmatic objectives and release dates.
To that end, the Incumbent will oversee and execute the strategy, including creating content assets that are coherent with the organization’s voice and align brand narratives with content strategies and editorial decisions. These assets, including copy, artwork (posts, infographics, etc.), videos, e-newsletters/press releases, and other messaging, will be created using multiple applications and distributed across diverse platforms: websites, podcasts, social media channels (FB, IG, Twitter, LinkedIn, SoundCloud, TikTok, YouTube), printed materials, resource libraries, conference platforms, LMS courses, apps, etc. Additional, the Incumbent will work with identify and develop partnerships with aligned organizations, conferences, calendars, etc. for paid and in-kind placements (print, broadcast and online) of news releases, advertisements, articles, presentations, etc. While most artwork will be done in house, Incumbent will identify art/production vendors (such as industrial printers, app developers, external designers, etc.) to produce work as necessary.
Applicants MUST have a BA or BS degree and/or work experience in applied graphic design, video editing, communications, marketing, or related field. Applicants must exhibit strong idea generation, problem solving, communication and organizational skills. A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills are preferred. Strong experience producing content that speaks to health equity, social justice, and the social determinants of health a must.
This full-time position is virtual.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Possess comprehensive writing and communication skills, including strategic thinking and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
- Knowledge of basic design principles
- Deliver quality customer service and work products
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience creating and editing content for target audiences across all multimedia and social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Familiarity with SEO research tools and best practices, guidelines and keyword research and planning.
- Experience with digital marketing functions including SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, E-mail Marketing and PPC Marketing is a bonus.
- Experience with SEO tools including Google Adwords, Taboola, and Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, etc. is preferred.
- Extensive experience using all social media platforms.
- Experience in public, media and influencer relations.
- Experience with constituent relationship management systems (CRMs).
- Balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure.
- Skilled at writing and copy editing, including writing in different voices and styles, for a variety of target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee projects and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Possess an established portfolio of published articles.
- Established processes for assuring accuracy, consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Experience in website publishing, re-designs and content migrations.
- Experienced in presentation development and delivery.
- Effective in providing creative direction/feedback.
- Work effectively independently as well as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Strong group and meeting facilitation skills.
- Skilled in computer use especially in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Develop and manage a content strategy that speaks to BCPH’s mission, vision, and values.
- Govern all processes essential to the development, optimization, approval, publication and ongoing management of quality content.
- Develop brand voice to ensure consistency across all programs and projects.
- Create an organizational style guide for reference.
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables.
- Conduct content audits of existing content and leverage research and digital tools to identify opportunities and gaps.
- Responsible for supervising and managing other employees and consultants.
- Edit in-person and online capacity building assistance content (e.g. webinars, workshops) to ensure written content is appropriate to the preferred audience and adheres to compliance standards.
- Edit content to ensure use of plain language to ensure clear communication and positively influence user satisfaction and knowledge building.
- Create a proactive work relationship with advocacy and other health equity team members and partner organizations by forming strong sustainability commitments that expand efforts through: awareness, networking, legislative change, or policy efforts/initiatives.
- Connect content with advocacy through scalable and effective health promotion means/impact tools (media relations on aligned health equity work, topics; planning/drafting/editing the agency’s bi-monthly e-newsletter; webinars/forums, etc.).
- Lead the creation, curation and dissemination of content to increase brand and resource awareness and evolve strategy and content as necessary.
- Oversee content marketing strategies targeted at driving traffic, engagement, generating leads, retaining customers and building brand awareness.
- Supports the creation of wireframes, site maps, process maps, and other artifacts to describe content opportunities, intended user experience and project requirements.
- Leverage digital tools, website metrics and keyword reporting to understand how audiences are finding information, what content is currently resonating, and why.
- Identify significant public health policy and program issues that can be leveraged; and create and implement a strategy that utilizes these issues to meet the organization’s objectives.
- Provide creative feedback and shape content development to align with strategy.
- Recommend content versioning for various platforms and media.
- Oversee planning, creating, publishing and measuring impactful content across media platforms.
- Lead the review, proofreading, and editing of content prior to publication and updating of published content as needed.
- Support content creation and develops/oversees development of meta descriptions, title tags, alt text, etc. as needed; leverages tools to optimize content during development
- Liaise with reporters and other media contacts and serve as organizational spokesperson as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain key relationships, and strategic partnerships and alliances at the national, state, and local level.
- Lead development of written reports and other materials to document delivery of quality services.
- Lead organizational, project, and client meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.