How to Start and Run Your Own Academic Journal
August 27th, 2022
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PST
Ever wanted to establish an journal addressing the needs of your research focus area? This session teaches you how to do just that!
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic components of establishing an academic journal, including:
- Selecting a journal name;
- Recruiting/managing an editorial board and reviewer pool; and
- Setting up a manuscript submissions process.
- Discuss options on establishing an electronic and/or printed publishing platform; and
- Detail how to conduct marketing/promotion and outline how to establish DOIs and indexing.
Participants will be invited to sign up for a free, personalized 30-minute post-training consultation.