- This event has passed.
Discover Your Voice – Join the Global Health Debates, 5/11-5/12
May 11 @ 4:00 pm - May 12 @ 8:00 pm
Join us for a special screening of The Global Health Debates on 5/11-5/12 at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health!
About the Great Health Debates
Have you ever wondered what the biggest issues in Global Health, Human Rights and Health Equity are? Have you ever turned on the news and wanted to learn more about topical subjects such as climate change or migration? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join us for The Global Health Debates presented by The Boston Congress of Public Health (BCPH)!
Focused on BCPH’s mission to democratize public health, the Global Health Debates is a four-part mini-series is aimed at all audiences (both beginner and advanced) that seeks to increase their understanding of the most pressing global health issues. Hosted by Dr. Natasha Matthews, each episode will feature a panel of experts who will share their unique experiences and perspectives. There will be a total of four episodes as outlined below:
1. Climate Change and Health: Wed May 11th, 04:00 PM EST
- Panelists: Dr. Caleb Dresser, Dr. Matthew J. Eckelman, Dr. Brita Lundberg
- Topics covered include 1. Causes of climate change 2. Interpretation of the latest IPCC report 3. Best technological tools to tackle rising temperatures
2. The Migration Crisis and Social Unrest: Wed, May 11th, 06:00 PM EST
- Panelists: Mr. Sasha Chanoff, Dr. Abiodun Olaiya Paul, Ms. Susannah Sirkin
- Topics covered include: 1. Role of borders 2. Legality of detention centers 3. Methods of helping migrants integrate into society
3. Transnational Corporations and Regulation: Thurs, May 12th, 04:00 PM EST
- Panelists: Mr. Douglas A. Johnson, Dr. Bronwyn King, Professor John E. McDonough, Ms. Johanna Ralston, Mr. John D. Scott
- Topics covered include: 1. Overall impacts of transnational corporations 2. Efficacy of sanctions or punitive taxes 3. Methods of holding companies accountable to their equity promises
4. Decolonizing Global Health: Thurs, May 12th, 06:00 PM EST
- Panelists: Professor Jesse B. Bump, Dr. Catalina D. Gonzalez Marques, Professor Papaarangi Reid,
- Topics covered include: 1. Best practices to further decolonize global health 2. Role of decolonizing in healthcare education 3. Impacts of Covid-19 on colonization
Please RSVP to join us for a FREE screening of these debates followed by a facilitated discussion session on Wednesday, May 11th to Thursday, May 12th at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Building 1, 12th Floor, Room 1208 (Conference Room).
NOTE: Attendance of all sessions is not required. Attendees may opt to sign up for one or more debates.
We hope to see you there!
For more information contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more at BCPH.org.